One-liners of PC configuration wisdom
Last modified: Mon Feb 3 20:28:40 EST 2014
- The only way to deal with Microsoft Windows is disk imaging.
- Never let a Microsoft install disk partition your hard drive. *
- If Windows asks an obscure question, the correct answer is always NO!
- Never trust Cable Select. **
- Archive all downloaded drivers and applications.
- If there's a firmware update available, flash it.
- Hard drive significantly newer than BIOS is bad juju.
- In BIOS setup, "Legacy" is usually a good thing.
- If pin 20 of an IDE header gets in the way, remove it.
- There is no such thing as a free PC.
* Unless you are installing DOS.
** Unless it's one of those WD drives that become unresponsive when they
are jumpered as Master.